Who We Are
Our story begins in 1946 when it became evident that a Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod congregation was needed in the Lakeview area. So a piece of land was purchased on the east side of the main road coming into Lakeview and the chapel and furnishings from the dissolved Norwegian Lutheran Church in Amble were purchased and moved to that location. Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church of Lakeview began its ministry to Lakeview and surrounding area with its first divine service, conducted by Rev. W. W. Gnuse, on September 21, 1947.
This congregation confesses and accepts without reservation all the books of the Old and New Testaments as the Inspired Word of God and considers them to be the only rule and norm of all faith and practice.
This congregation accepts as true and unadulterated statements and expositions of Biblical doctrine the following Confession of the Lutheran Church:
No official action may be taken by, and no doctrine taught, in this congregation which conflicts with this Confessional Standard.